Saturday, April 16, 2016

belly close

My dear sir:
Tell me your book of the day
Tis something practical I'm sure
You being a man of science and all
Tell me do you journey to the stars
To unknown nebula through
Clouds of meteors and asteroids 
Delving into black holes and quantum physics
Tell me do you drill to Earth's core
Down through Her mantle Her magma
Riding the tip of a probe
Pinpointed at Her heart
Determined to extract Her secrets 
Still steaming beating
A sacrifice to the demanding gods of knowledge 
Tell me do you leap from the side of a heaving ship
Into the seething sea seeking the miasmic source of all life
A tiny bit of breathing protoplasm
one throbbing cell growing akimbo limbs
Crossed eyes and dotted teeth
Tell me do you read me like a book
I being impervious to the practical
You being a man of science
I set up housekeeping on a comet
I free fall through Her Majesty Earth 
Welcome at Her perpetual hearth
I hold the origin of humankind
Here in my belly close
You need only perceive
Listen
©kcasady2016

No comments:

Post a Comment