Friday, April 8, 2016

relish

My Dear Sir:
That
you should ask
did I enjoy it;
the penultimate question. That
you seek an answer;
reveals your nature. That
you should engage me;
causes no end to my delight. And so
to your curiosity;
this I do tell.
"The play's the thing..."
I did. I really
Did.
I relished it sir.
Each word
Alighting upon my person
Sauntering along
Reaching its forsworn destination
Implanting itself just so
Stirring a pot of frenzy
Already boiling with secrecy and shame
Of imagined elicit nights
Shunted aside in the name of purity
"What is the reason that you use me thus?"
Each rippling muscle
Firmness of arms, of legs
Chase themselves about, limbs
Confirming with certainty
Your vastness
Your trickster ways
My destruction
Vanquished in obsession
Gathered up into naught
Balanced upon a pale silk thread
Hovering over insanity
“Now cracks a noble heart”
For the rest is folly, nothingness
Never to be
©kcasady2016








No comments:

Post a Comment